100 % Verdejo
9 months in barrels
without malolactic fermentation.
An impossible, perfect balance.
Pradorey Pr3 Barricas - 100% Verdejo
The name of this Rueda wine, grown from vines more than 50 years old, refers to the three types of 300-litre oak barrels in which it is aged: two made with French oak and the third with oak from the Caucasus. The wine ages for 9 months on the lees, acquiring silky, creamy sensations in the mouth. It is a persistent, complex, well-balanced white.
- 100 % Verdejo
- Origins: Segovia
- Goblet-pruned vines over 50 years old
- Yield: 2,000-3,000 kg/ha
- Night harvesting
- Free-run wine
- Boreal System
- Limited production: 9,740 bottles
- 9 months’ ageing in three types of 300 litre barrels: Two French and one Caucasian oak
- Aging on lees with daily bâttonages
- SIGHT: Yellow-green, intense and very bright
- NOSE: Varietal, mature, intense, tropical aromas. The aromatic complexity is due to the sensuality of the barrel aromas blended with the varietal notes, resulting in the most elegant of scents.
- MOUTH: Very `pleasant, creamy, meaty and fatty, with a long aftertaste of exotic fruit and and honeyed hints. Very persistent, complex and well balanced aftertaste.
- Madrid-style cocido
- Warm shellfish salads, salted anchovies and foie gras
- Seafood rice dishes, soupy rices, fish and seafood soups, fried fish
- Simple white meats, pasta with light sauces, grilled turbot or grouper