Bodegas Pradorey

history

For centuries, the Duero River has bathed 7 km of our lands with the constant flow of its waters. Privileged witness of great stories and passions whispered in each of its corners.

1503

Queen Isabella of Castile buys the farm for 2,286,333 maravedís from the Count of Ribadeo

1600

Francisco Gómez Sandoval y Rojas, first Duke of Lerma and Prime Minister of King Philip III, built a palace, possibly designed by the royal architect Francisco Mora, to entertain the King when he visited the Royal Site of Ventosilla

1603

Lope de Vega staged plays in the gardens of the Palace of Ventosilla for King Philip III and Rubens also visited the estate

1921

Its hydroelectric dam was built on THE DUERO RIVER which still provides electricity for the estate, the winery and THE INN

1928

King Alfonso XIII named the estate Real Site of Ventosilla a model agricultural concern

1989

Javier Cremades de Adaro, and agronomist who loved the countryside, acquired the estate and planted the first 200 hectares which would eventually grow to 520 ha spread over eight terroirs: Hoyo Dornajo, La Mina, Prado del Rey, El Pino, Los Robles, Valdelayegua, Salgüero and La Recorba

1996

First vintage of red and rosé Ribera del Duero wine launched under the brand name PRADOREY

2005

First vintage of white wine launched under the brand name PRADOREY

2014

PRADOREY starts its second wine revolution, with true to terroir wines and an intense commitment to innovation.
Cerrar
×

Cart